Do you want to become a writer or do you want to write without grammatical errors? Then this one is for you because I’ll be taking through how to improve your writing skills free.
Grammarly is an online grammar checker and a proofreading platform that allows you to correct your write-ups to ensure that there isn’t any grammatical errors in your write-ups.
No one is perfect when it comes to typing, we all do make mistakes, as a blogger, I do a lot of mistakes when writing because my head and fingers occasionally works against each other. That sounds familiar right???
Disclosure: The Flash Review post contains an affiliate link (since we don't recommend what we don't believe in), at no extra cost to you, i might receive a small commission for purchases made through these links.
Grammarly is a writing tool designed to help enhance your writing abilities. It suggests words and add punctuation marks to your write-ups almost immediately you make a typing error. It’s ability to spell check your article are one of the hottest traits it possesses.
- Spell check:- there are moments where you want to spell ”minute” but you spell it wrongly like this ”minite”, Grammarly check spelling will automatically flag this up for you to correct.
- Vocabulary Enhancement:- let’s take, for example, your writing an article and in it, you use a sentence like ”one of the best feature it possesses”, Grammarly will give you alternatives on the word ”best” as an enhancement to that particular vocabulary.
- Plagiarism Check:- this is my favourite, I remember when I was doing my thesis 2 years ago and on two different occasions, my thesis was rejected because I have some similar sentences in my thesis that has been used before. There are billions of words and similar sentences on the world wide web, some of these words can be similar to what you wrote, Grammarly will do a comparison check to see if your sentences are already used on the world wide web so your write up will remain unique.
Grammarly is good for everyone, native English speakers or not, we all make typing errors in the process of writing, but the most common users are:
- Content writers
- Cooperate workers who wants to write a proposal or email etc.
Grammarly works for almost everyone educated, particularly if you’re looking to create an error-free article, presentation, ebooks and many more. It’s optional settings also allows you to choose between the sect of English you prefer. American English, British English, Canadian English or Australian English.
All you need to do is, create an account on Grammarly, choose between the freemium or premium version. I often advise people to go for the premium version because it has a lot of features in it compared to the free version. But it’s okay if the free is all you can afford, go ahead in creating an account to start using Grammarly.
I’ll show you what the dashboard looks like from my computer.
It gives you all the option to make writing very easy, simple and classic.
As a professional writer, I often advise people to go for the premium version, because, it’ll give them the option to set how they’ll like their article to sound to the reader.
- You can set your article to sound descriptive, informative or to sound like a story.
- It has the feature to make your article sound educative if that’s how you prefer it.
- You can set your style to be formal or informal.
- You can set your emotions to be formal or informal.
- Grammarly Premium Monthly:- this cost $29.95 per month (I’ll recommend this to student who wants to write a course work, final thesis, particularly to student who chose the andragogy system of education)
- Grammarly Premium Quarterly:- this is a reduced premium that cost $19.98 per month but charged at a one-time payment at $59.94 (I’ll recommend this to cooperate, individuals who want to submit a proposal, proposal usually takes time to edit and re-edit, so that’s for you)
- Grammarly Premium Annually:- this is also a reduced premium at the cost of $11.66 per month but charged at a one-time payment of $139.92. (I’ll recommend this to a none native English speaker who feels they have a long way to go with the use of English)
READ MORE: HOW TO CREATE A MONEY MAKING BLOG IN 2019
This for me is the cheapest alternative if you can’t afford the premium version. It is free and cost you nothing. Just create an account here and you’re good to go. I’ll recommend this to new bloggers too, it’s advisable for a start before going on to premium, at least it gives you a taste of what you’ll like to pay for.
The truth is there are other alternatives to Grammarly, which I can recommend as well from my previous experience of use, but Grammarly remains the best.
- Sapling: this is popular as well but it, it does give you the option to set your grammar and style check, It’s fairly good.
- ProwritingAid: this is another freemium option that works fairly for its price, price? Yeah, it’s free and cost you absolutely nothing.
- GrammerCheck: is a free proofreading tool that works well and it’s absolutely free. On top of that, it can find grammatical errors in 28+ languages including Spanish, Japanese, French, English, Polish, Italian, Arabic, and more.
Grammarly is a must-have proofreading tool that will automatically make you look like the professional you are or aim to be. It sights an error quicker than other conventional proofreading tools and it’s one of the best ways to improve your writing skills online.
Let me know if you have any question or you need help and I’ll be right there to help you out. You know what to do, drop your comments below and I’ll work hand in hand with you to untangle any issues you have.